Taxes provide the main source of revenue to deliver services supplied by the Township, the County of Dufferin and school boards. Properties are assigned a tax class depending on the use or purpose of each property. Annual tax rates are set and applied to each tax class. The tax levy for property is calculated by using the applicable tax rate and the assessed value assigned to each property.
Taxes and other payments may be paid with cash, cheque, credit card, debit card, online banking, and starting in 2021 Pre-authorized Payment (for taxes and water only).
To pay with online banking please log into your personal bank account, select add a payee, search for "Mulmur" and select the tax option, then enter your entire 19 digit tax roll number without any spaces or dashes.
To pay water and other bills (not taxes) with online banking please log into your personal bank account, select add a payee, search for "Mulmur" and select the utility/accounts receivable option, then enter your entire 5 digit account number.
Pre-authorized Payments (starting in 2021)
Please note to register for the PAP program your account must be in good standing.
Payment by Credit Card
- PAYMENTUS is a secure processing service which allows you to use your credit card or debit card to pay your property taxes, water bills or other bills.
- Be advised that PAYMENTUS will charge you a service fee of 2.5% on the total amount of your transaction for credit card payments and 1.5% for debit card payments. For example, a $1,000 payment by credit card will cost you an extra $25.00 in PAYMENTUS service fees.
- Have your tax, water or other bill in hand and visit PAYMENTUS to make a payment online or call them at 1-888-647-0211 to make your payment over the phone.
- We do not accept credit cards at the Municipal Office.
- Click here to make an online credit card or debit card payment via the PAYMENTUS processing service.
Sign up for e-Billing
The 2021 tax due dates are as follows:
- February 25
- May 25
- August 25
- October 25
Penalty is chargeable on the first day of default and on the first day of each calendar month thereafter in which default continues as set out in the Municipal Act. The penalty rate is 1.25% per month.
The Treasurer and/or other staff have no authority to waive or alter a penalty for any reason.
To calculate the total taxes: Assessment value x applicable tax rate = Total Taxes
Questions about your Property Assessment Notice?
Contact MPAC Customer Service for Property Assessment Inquiries
MPAC is the organization that classifies and assesses all properties in Ontario under the Assessment Act, and regulations established by the Provincial Government. An assessment increase does not necessarily mean that your property taxes will increase. If you feel your assessed value or property classification is not correct, the deadline to file for a Request for Reconsideration (RfR) or an Appeal is March 31 of the tax year.
The assessed value of your property is used as the basis for calculating your property taxes.
Tax Relief Low Income Seniors & Low Income Persons with Disabilities
The Council of the Corporation of the County of Dufferin has passed a by-law providing for relief of property tax increases on property in the residential/farm property class for owners (or spouses or same-sex partners of owners) who are low-income seniors or low-income persons with disabilities.
You MUST apply before November 30 of the year in which the property tax increase relates.