We are hiring a Contract Pickleball Instructor
Contract Pickleball Instructor
(January to March 2023)
The Township of Mulmur is requesting proposals to provide instructor services for the municipality’s upcoming Pickleball league on a contractual basis. The workload for this position will require approximately two hours every Tuesday night for an 11-week period (January to March). The program site will be located within the Township of Mulmur.
The following represents a general summary of the duties expected to be performed by the pickleball instructor
- Lead a weekly, high quality adult recreational sports program introducing participants to the sport of pickleball (this league will be primarily targeted towards adults 55 years or older).
- Transport all needed equipment to facility on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for the set up of all nets, court markers and courts at program site, on a weekly basis.
- Teach attendees new to pickleball the rules and proper etiquette of the game.
- Run drills and games on a weekly basis to help attendees further develop their skills and keep them active throughout the sessions.
- Responsible for all take down and clean up after sessions have concluded on a weekly basis.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates an extensive knowledge and passion for the sport of pickleball, and a complete and extensive knowledge of all appropriate concepts and recreational rules of the sport.
- Minimum one-year related experience in planning and leading similar pickleball recreational programs or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates strong leadership and strong communication skills.
- Demonstrates appropriate athletic aptitude for an instructor position.
- Emergency First Aid certification is considered a strong asset.
- Applicants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- References required.
Qualified applicants interested in this position are invited to send a proposal with resume and professional references to Heather Boston at email@example.com by December 10th, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. The proposal should clearly indicate starting availability and hourly rate(s).