New Employment Opportunity!
The Township of Mulmur invites applications for the position of
(Full Time Permanent)
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Treasury Assistant is responsible for administrative and treasury functions.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing customer service, administrative and Treasury support.
- Research, identify, prepare, coordinate, and submit grant applications.
- Coordinate and complete the procurement process.
- Create, post and track call documents on Bids and Tenders website.
- Create and award contracts to successful bidders.
- Coordinate the collection and maintenance of municipal infrastructure asset inventories.
- Assist with various treasury functions such as cash receipts, invoicing, issuing tax certificates, and ownership and address changes.
To meet the requirements of this position, the successful candidate will have the following:
- Completion of post-secondary education in related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, preferably in the municipal sector.
- A certification or designation in procurement, an asset
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organised, motivated self-starter with strong time management and project management skills.
- Strong ability to work well with employees at various levels of the organization.
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
This position offers competitive wages and benefit package and a 35-hour work week. Please submit cover letter & resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org attention Heather Boston, Treasurer, no later than Friday, May 5, 2023 at 2:00 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. The Township of Mulmur is an Equal Opportunity Employer and accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process, upon request. The successful candidate will be required to supply a clean criminal record check.