Hunting in the Dufferin County Forest
The peak periods for hunting in the Dufferin County Forest are the two five-day shotgun/archery hunts for white-tailed deer (Nov. 6-10 and December 4-8, 2023) and the spring wild turkey hunt (April 25-May 31, 2024).
In addition, be particularly aware of:
- archery only season for white-tailed deer: Oct. 1 - Nov. 5, 2023; Nov. 11-Dec. 3, 2023; and Dec. 9-31, 2023
- archery only season for wild turkey: October 1-31, 2023
- shotgun/archery season for wild turkey: October 10-22, 2023
There is no hunting allowed at any time on the following Dufferin County Forest properties: north portion of Amaranth, Hockley, Leening, Levitt, Little, Main, Mono, Thomson, and River Road. These are posted accordingly.
Despite the above:
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed (south portion of Amaranth, Gara Gore, Melancthon, Randwick, Riverview, and Simmons) there may be hunters present at any time between October 1 and May 31
- on Dufferin County Forest properties where hunting is allowed between October 1 and May 31, the seasons are the same as those established by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry. These can be viewed at www.ontario.ca/hunting.