The Dufferin Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), in partnership with the Salvation Army, kicks off Toys For Tots this weekend outside of the Orangeville Walmart.
Officers will be collecting new, unwrapped toys, non-perishable food items, and gift cards in order to help those in need this Holiday season. All donations collected will be distributed locally through the Salvation Army.
The campaign starts on November 25, 2022 and runs until December 11, 2022. Officers will be collecting donations outside of Walmart located at 95 First Street in the Town of Orangeville during the following hours:
Fridays 5 p.m.- 8 p.m.
Saturdays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Sundays 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The following locations are also graciously allowing new, unwrapped toys and non-perishable food to be dropped at their establishments as well:
- The Salvation Army New Hope Community Church, 690 Riddell Road
- The Salvation Army Thrift Store, 162 Broadway
- Orangeville Townhall, 87 Broadway
- DUCA Financial Services, 16 Broadway
- LCBO, 510 Riddell Road
- Royal LePage RCR Realty, 75 First Street
- 7-Eleven, 288 Broadway
- YMCA of Greater Toronto, 46 Dawson & 65 McCarthy Street
- 10 and 10 Garden Centre, 634026 Highway 10, Mono
- Dufferin OPP Detachment - 390 C Line, Orangeville
- Dufferin OPP Detachment - 506312 Highway 89, Mono
The 2021 Toys for Tots campaign was a huge success, thanks to the generosity of our community members. The Salvation Army New Hope Community Church was able to provide over 300 families in the area with assistance.
- Over 300 families served
- Over 700 children received toys, books, games, puzzles, personal care items
- More than 7000 toys distributed + $5000 in gift cards for teens
- Over $15,000 in food (grocery store gift cards)
Let's work together to make this Christmas special for every child in Dufferin County.