Why are we updating the Planning Documents?
The Township has initiated a review and update of the Official Plan to be compliant and in conformity with Provincial plans and policies, in accordance with the Planning Act requirements and to ensure that its policies address evolving community interests and strategic goals with respect to growth and development. The Township’s Official Plan guides planning decisions for the community and provides direction on how growth and land use should be managed. Ontario’s land use planning system applies a provincial policy-driven framework that requires the Township’s Official Plan and any municipal planning decisions to align with provincial planning policies.
Why are we updating the Planning Documents?
Does it reflect the goals and objectives for our community? Is the plan still effective? What is working, what isn’t? Are there areas to strengthen language or be more inclusive? Does it support our economic development and strategic goals? Does it reflect our community priorities with respect to growth and development?
The Corporation of the Township of Mulmur will hold a Public Meeting pursuant to Sections 17, 26 and 34 of the Planning Act (1990) to consider various amendments to the Zoning By-law and an Open House to consider amendments and to initiate the Provincial Conformity Exercise and 10 Year Update.
Anyone wishing to address Council with respect to the proposed amendments will be given an opportunity to do so at the public meeting on September 7, 2022. At the Open House on September 24, 2022 you will have an opportunity to learn more about the Official Plan review project and how you can participate.
PURPOSE AND EFFECT OF THE OFFICIAL PLAN AMENDMENTS
The proposed Official Plan Amendment would:
• Update the complete application requirements
• Allow delegation of authority to staff on minor zoning application
• Update the Rural Character Policy, Scenic Resources, Viewsheds and Dark Sky
• Include an On-Farm Diversified Use policy consistent with the Provincial guidelines
• Replace the specific Niagara Escarpment Plan (NEP) policies with a high-level policy
• Update the Implementation and Interpretation sections to reflect current tools and legislation
• Simplify and remove duplication from within the Plan
PUBLIC MEETING FOR ZONING BY-LAW AMENDMENTS
The proposed Zoning By-law Amendment would amend the Zoning By-law to address the following matters:
• Simplify the provisions relating to accessory buildings, structures, implement sheds and signs
• Update the provisions related to second dwellings and clarification on requirements, and include maximum floor areas
• Provide consistency with home industry and maximum building sizes
• Provide additional regulations related to on-farm diversified uses, home industry and home occupations
• Removal of duplication with stand-alone by-laws including backyard hens and site plan
• Provide clarity regarding where assembly halls are permitted
• Update definitions
|No key map is provided as the Amendments affects all lands within the Township. Please note that certain amendments will impact the schedules (maps) to the Official Plan.
A copy of the proposed amendment is available for review at the municipal office during regular office hours and below. Persons unable to attend the public meeting may provide written comments up until the time of the public meeting. If you wish to be notified of the decision on the proposed application, you must make an oral or written request to the Township of Mulmur. If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at the public meeting or make written submissions to Mulmur Township before the by-law is passed, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of Council and the Corporation of the Township of Mulmur to the Appeal Tribunal. Furthermore, the person or public body may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Appeal Tribunal unless, in the opinion of the Tribunal, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
Please note that comments and opinions submitted on these matters, including the originator’s name and address, become part of the public record, may be viewed by the general public and may be published in a Planning Report and will be included in the Council agenda and minutes.
To join Electronically Phone Connection: 1 647 374 4685 Canada 1 647 558 0588 Canada
Video Connection: https://us02web.zoom.us/s/84829988171 Meeting ID: 848 2998 817