Get In Touch

Tracey Atkinson - CAO/Planner


  • Local (705) 466-3341 Ext. 222
  • Toll Free (866) 472-0417 from 519 only
  • Fax (705) 466-2922


  • 758070 2nd Line E
    Mulmur, ON L9V 0G8

Zoning By-Law

The Corporation of the Township of Mulmur will hold a Public Meeting pursuant to Sections 34 of the Planning Act (1990) to consider a new Zoning By-law.

The public meeting will be held at the Mulmur Township Offices, located at 758070 2nd Line East at 11:00 am on Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018.

The new Zoning By-law may be on the Agenda for the Town Hall Meeting in April, 2018 for information, but this meeting is not considered the official public meeting.  Information regarding the Town Hall Meeting will be available on the Township’s website.

If you require information at any time, feel free to contact Tracey Atkinson, Township Planner, directly: or 705 466 3341 x231.

Click here for the entire notice

To request information for a specific property such as zoning, official plan, designation, NEC, NVCA, severances or building envelopes please complete a Zoning and Property Information Request Form at a cost of $80.00.


A zoning by-law is a regulatory Council approved document which establishes the permitted uses and development standards for specific areas or 'zones.'

A zoning by-law is a precise and inflexible document, which must be in conformity with the Township's Official Plan. The Official Plan provides general land use policy document of the municipality.

Zoning By-laws provide municipalities with a way to among other things:

  • regulate land uses;
  • protect areas by preventing incompatible uses;
  • establish appropriate standards and requirements for development.

A zone usually contains a list of uses permitted in that zone and associated standards and provisions related to:

  • minimum lot size
  • setbacks from lot lines
  • building height and building size

The zoning by-law also contains general provisions that relate to all areas. General provisions contain standards for common land use matters such as legal non-conforming uses, accessory buildings, and setbacks from natural or man-made hazards for such matters as parking, landscape buffers, fencing and swimming pools. As a regulatory document, the zoning by-law also contains definitions for many of the terms used in the document.


Assessment Roll Number/Parcel Fabric Map (current to 2013)


Comprehensive Zoning By-law

Download Zoning By-Law 05-2002 (as amended)


Map Schedules

A -  Entire Township

A -  Exceptions -- Entire Township

A1 - Terra Nova

A2 - Mansfield Skiway

A3 - Mansfield

A4 - Rosemont

A5 - Violet Hill

A6 - Honeywood

A7 - Primrose


Overall Township Zoning Map 2015 with hamlet detail and amendments

Schedules B & C - Minimum Distance Separation Requirements - available upon request


Schedule D (For Ag/Rural uses, use this Ag/Rural Chart)

Schedule E1 - Tax Exempt Eliglible (Chart)

Schedule E2 - Tax Exempt Holding Lands (Map)

Schedule F - Well Head Protection Protection Area (WHPA)


Zoning By-law Amendments

If you want to use or develop your property in a way that is not allowed by the zoning by-law, you may have to apply for a zoning change - also known as a zoning by-law amendment. Council can consider a change only if the new use is allowed by the Official Plan. Contact Tracey Atkinson, Planner at 705-466-3341 ext. 231.