The Ministry of Municipal Affairs has posted the dates, times and locations for its Public Open House sessions for its "Growing the Greenbelt in the Outer Ring"
The public consultation document is available at: http://www.mah.gov.on.ca/Page17658.aspx
Barrie January 31, 2018 at 5:30 - 8:00 pm at the Southshore Community Centre, 205 Lakeshore Drive, Barrie
Guelph February 6, 2018 at 5:30-8:00 pm at the Italian Canadian Club, 135 Ferguson Street, Guelph
Orangeville February 8, 2018 at 5:30 - 8:00 pm at the Tony Rose Memorial Sports Centre, 6 Northmen Way, Orangeville (additional free parking is available after 6pm at Orangeville District Secondary School, at 22 Faulkner Street)
Alliston February 15, 2018 at 5:30-8:00 pm at Alliston Memorial Arena 49 Nelson Street West, New Tecumseth
Brantford February 20, 2018 at 6:00-8:30 pm at Branlyn Community Centre at 238 Brantwood Park Road, Brantford
Kitchener February 22, 2018 at 5:30-8:00 pm at Tannery Event Centre at 151 Charles Street West, Kitchener
The deadline to submit comments is March 7, 2018
The focus of the consultation is on seven key water-related features and areas:
1. The Waterloo and Paris/Galt moraine complex in Waterloo Region, and Brant and Wellington counties.
2. The Orangeville Moraine in Wellington and Dufferin counties.
3. Several small moraines, including the Gibraltar and Singhampton moraines, along the brow of the Niagara Escarpment in Dufferin and Simcoe counties.
4. The Oro Moraine in northeast Simcoe County.
5. The Nottawasaga River corridor in Dufferin and Simcoe counties.
6. Important surface water and recharge features in southeast Simcoe County.
7. Catchment areas and wetlands west of Minesing in Dufferin and Simcoe counties.